The Park Alumni Society
The Park Alumni Society (PAS) was formed in March 2003 by alumni of the Park Scholarships program at NC State University. Founded with the notion of ”giving back” — both to the program and the University — it received its 501c3 non-profit status in 2004.
At the heart of our mission is communication — between scholars past and present, with the Park Scholarships administration, and with the University at large. A full mission statement is available in Article I, section ii of the Constitution.
The PAS was created with the following goals in mind:
- serve as a clearinghouse for information for Park alumni;
- foster interaction between alumni and current scholars;
- be involved in the recruitment and selection process;
- assist the Park Scholarships program in capacities needed;
- promote positive growth within the University culture;
- fulfill obligation as members of the general alumni population and
- raise/tend funds, for activities to be determined.
Park alumni and current Park Scholars are eligible to join the PAS. There are no membership dues. Members enjoy access to an online community, networking opportunities, and planned events and reunions.